About the Awards
About The ACOMM Awards
The annual Australian Communications Industry Awards – the ACOMMS – recognise excellence in the wider communications industry, rewarding and profiling companies which have excelled within the industry around the nation, regardless of size, location, and whether service providers, vendors, or suppliers of professional services.
The Awards are used to:
- Highlight the year’s outstanding achievements in the area of competition and growth;
- Highlight the year’s outstanding achievements in the area of innovation, including in artificial intelligence, cyber security and online safety;
- Highlight the year’s outstanding suppliers to the industry in terms of technology products and professional services;
- Highlight the year’s outstanding customer service initiatives and society contributions;
- Recognise excellence in the area of diversity and inclusion;
- Recognise excellence in the operation and management of digital platforms;
- Recognise excellence in the provision of satellite communications or satellite-related products; and
- Recognise and honour the industry’s top exemplar of individual performance.
This national showcase of the industry’s achievements is proudly presented by Communications Alliance.
About Communications Alliance
Communications Alliance was formed in 2006 to provide a unified voice for the Australian communications industry and to lead it into the next generation of converging networks, technologies and services.
Communications Alliance offers a forum for the industry to make coherent and constructive contributions to policy development and debate.
By providing leadership on new trends and directions, Communications Alliance fulfils a vital unifying role on behalf of the industry and its members, particularly in areas of competition, innovation and industry development.
The prime mission of Communications Alliance is to promote the growth of the Australian communications industry and the protection of consumer interests by fostering the highest standards of business ethics and behaviour through industry self-governance.
Communications Alliance believes it is in the best interests of all participants, customers and government that the industry takes responsibility for devising practical, self imposed solutions that are developed by co-operative processes.
In doing so, Communications Alliance seeks to facilitate open, effective and ethical competition between service providers while ensuring efficient, safe operation of networks, the provision of innovative services and the enhancement of consumer outcomes.
Where there is a need to help solve disputes between parties within the industry, Communications Alliance offers a mediation service aimed at achieving negotiated outcomes.
Membership of Communications Alliance is drawn from a wide cross-section of the communications industry, including service providers, vendors, consultants and suppliers as well as business and consumer groups.
Members benefit from having the opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the future direction of the industry and to participate in governing its operation.